- Personally-identifiable information
- Your Personal Info
- Cookies and IP addresses
- Disclosure of personally-identifiable information to third parties
Sciente collects personally-identifiable information (“Personal Info”) on certain areas of the Site when users register, request information or a response, sign up for events, apply for jobs, and participate in user posting areas, such as bulletin boards, discussion forums, and surveys. The personally-identifiable information collected may include, without limitation, your access ID/password, company or school affiliations, and contact information (names, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone/ fax numbers).
Sciente uses your Personal Info to fulfill your requests for information, to process your requests to participate in events, and to review and consider any employment-related inquiries that you may submit. We may keep any of your Personal Info on file and use it to contact you for recruiting purposes. Sciente may also use Personal Info in analyzing Site user behavior in order to measure interest in specific items posted on our Site. The e-mail addresses provided at registration allow Sciente to send e-mail to individuals based on the areas of interest that they indicate during the registration process. If you do not wish to receive e-mailed advance notice of items posted on the Site, simply do not check off any of the subject boxes on the registration page. Sciente uses Personal Info collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below. Sciente may provide your Personal Info to any of its affiliates worldwide for such purposes.
Sciente will not intentionally disclose (and will take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your Personal Info to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of Sciente), whether for such third parties’ marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following four exceptions:
- Sciente may disclose your Personal Info to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction;
- Sciente may disclose your Personal Info to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery;
- Sciente may disclose your Personal Info if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure;
- Sciente may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to Sciente;
- If Sciente and/or any of its affiliates merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by Sciente or such affiliates on their Web sites may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party.
We may provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on this Site is in fact supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third- party Web sites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. We cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection and privacy practices of such third-party Web sites, which may differ from those of this Site.
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any Personal Info that you submitted to the Site. You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the Site. To do so, please either follow instructions on the page of the Site on which you have provided such information or subscribed or registered, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Sciente has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect Personal Info from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized Sciente personnel are provided access to Personal Info, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, Sciente cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your Personal Info.
Personal Info collected on the Site may be transferred from time to time to Sciente offices located anywhere, and the Site may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of personally-identifiable data. By using the Site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
This policy has been in effect since May 1, 2014.