A rapidly growing Managed Detection and Response provider is seeking a dynamic and passionate Cyber Security Analyst to join their expanding team!
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Security Management, Digital Systems Security, Computer Engineering, or related fields of study;
- Excellent understanding of fundamental network principles such as but not limited to: the OSI model, routing protocols, VPNs, address resolution protocols, network address translation, LAN and WAN technologies;
- Strong hands-on experience in reading and interpreting network diagrams;
- Knowledge of security technologies like firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, and vulnerability management;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Practical experience with ArcSight and SIEM technologies;
- Prior experience in a SOC environment;
- Certification in CompTIA Security+.
- Interpret events through the monitoring of active channels and dashboards through a SIEM console;
- Recognise abnormalities and patterns that could indicate potential cyber threats;
- Prepare reports, cases, and annotations of noteworthy events;
- Investigate incidents with the use of channels, event graphs, annotations, cases, and reports;
- Develop appropriate troubleshooting techniques and document these techniques;
- Ensure that service level agreements with regards to response time and customer notification are met;
- Suggest improvements to increase service levels, efficiency levels, and work quality.