Exciting opportunity for Database Administrator to be the Database Subject Matter Expert in a challenging environment.
We are seeking someone at the Architect Level or go to person for technical challenges related to DB2 (z/OS).
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology;
- At least 15 years of experience in database administration, operations and management;
- Good experience in resolving database problems with sound knowledge in software development and middleware technologies;
- Expert knowledge in data management technologies in DB2 z/OS and Oracle DB;
- Strong experience in design, installation, configuration and monitoring of databases;
- Strong experience in performance tuning, security, backup and recovery for database;
- Good experience in setting up and maintaining mission critical databases;
- Independent and a strong team player;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- IBM Certified Database Administrator.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and go to person for technical changes related to database (DB2);
- Responsible for database administration and operation, confidentiality, integrity and availability of data assets;
- Perform installation, design, implementation of high availability database environment and troubleshooting;
- Handle database capacity planning, performance tuning and backup and recovery plan to ensure availability of database services;
- Implement security policies to ensure integrity and accuracy of the database;
- Responsible to maintain up-to-date database related policy, architecture and design artefact / documentations;
- Ensure proper maintenance and monitoring of all database systems;
- Liaise with vendors on purchase, licensing and resolution of critical issues and bugs related to database.