An exciting opportunity to lead the Distribution Competency Centre recommending best practices and promote the best tools to measure the performance of projects and team.
You are responsible from the administration and direction of Distribution Applications and drive its projects across the whole life cycle from planning, implementation to BAU.
- A leader with degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- At least 10 years of experience in Application Development & Management within Insurance/Financial Services industry preferably;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Outsourcing, Vendor & Contract Management;
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development life cycle and project management principles and concepts i.e. both Waterfall and Agile;
- Strong domain knowledge in Point of Sales (POS), Distribution Management;
- Good technical proficiency in the following:
- JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Apache, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, ESB, API, XML, Web Services (REST OR SOAP);
- DevOps, Jenkens, Chef, JIRA, Eclipse, Automation, Github, Sonar;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the leadership to lead and change the status quo and people;
- Strong advocate of standards and not afraid to challenge the norms to stay abreast with emerging and new technologies and overcome business challenges.
- PMP Certified and/or SCRUM Certified.
- Be the leader and provide guidance to the development team to grow the design and solutions in the area of Distribution Applications;
- Manage multiple team be it internal or external outsource technical resources;
- Explore and evaluate new technologies to see which helps the business and justifying it;
- Develop and maintain best standards and practices for Distribution application development;
- Work with Technical Solution Managers and various partners to establish the Distribution Competencies and Initiatives with new technologies;
- Ensure designs are in-line with the roadmaps to support the development, execution and operations of services;
- Managed new enhancements and developments for general insurance applications using Service Oriented Architecture approach;
- Use Agile development to upskill existing application development practices moving towards a more efficient and error-free development;
- Develop the team by introducing various metrics (by skills & applications) to achieve higher efficiency and competencies;
- Ensure production systems are running proper and resolve incidents and issues within managed SLA.