An exciting opportunity as a Server Engineer within a Data Centre environment with a fast growing top global e-commerce company in Singapore !
This opportunity will cover both the hardware and software aspect for server administration and maintenance in a day-to-day data-centre operation.
- At least Diploma in Computer Science or IT;
- At least 2 year of experience in server administration and server hardware management ;
- Strong experience in Server Operating Systems i.e. Windows Server 2012, Redhat Linux, UNIX, Solaris and Web Server Applications i.e. Oracle, Tomcat, SQL Server;
- Experience in hardware management i.e. power PDU, rack management, cabling within a server room and/or data centre environment;
- Proactive, responsible, good work attitude and a team player;
- Good interpersonal communication and documentation skills.
- Windows Server Certified, Redhat Linux / UNIX / Solaris Certifications;
- Responsible for day to day server maintenance and administration in a data centre environment;
- Attend to day to day operational tasks and assists engineers on issues and investigation for root cause;
- Involved in equipment relocation, replacement, removal and managing vendors for break fix and followup;
- Perform system maintenance and do regular reporting;
- Perform administrative task and handle documentation as per data centre standard operating procedures and asset management;
- Identify areas of improvement and ensure corrective or preventive actions are put in place;
- Any other tasks assigned from time to time.