10 February 2021
We are seeking a Storage and Backup Engineer to work with the infrastructure team supporting the storage systems.
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in deploying and operating high availability storage environments such as EMC & VEEAM;
- Strong understanding and technical hands-on experience in information technology infrastructure architecture, storage and backup systems;
- Relevant working experience in the areas of business continuity planning including disaster recovery;
- Experience with high availability, performance management and tuning;
- Must be able to operate within the set guidelines and policies with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to provide 24*7 support and work during off peak hours;
- Excellent communication and stakeholders management skills.
- Storage, ITIL and PMP Certifications;
- Working knowledge in Veritas Netbackup / EMC / ISILON, EMC VMAX, EMC POWERMAX.
- Responsible to monitor , maintain and troubleshoot backup systems;
- Involved with the backup jobs on MS Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server, Windows, VMware & Unix Servers;
- Resolve technical issues and incidents related to storage and backup systems;
- Oversee the security of the entire SAN and respond promptly to incidents escalated;
- Proactively monitor IT storage / backup systems and recommend enhancements and upgrades when necessary;
- Monitor the agreed service levels requirements and propose new action plans ,if needed;
- Perform SAN performance monitoring, tuning for backup / storage systems to ensure optimal performance;
- Perform regular disaster recovery test plan of data restoration and storage replication availability;
- Perform system activities like patching and upgrade during off peak hours.