Our client in the hospitality and tourism sector is seeking a software engineer proficient in SQL to be part of their data engineering and analytics team.
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or relevant disciplines;
- Knowledgeable and/or experienced in ETL, data modeling, warehousing, database design and development;
- Good hands on experience in the application of structured query language (SQL) in enterprise level reporting and analytical capability;
- Strong understanding of IT processes ranging from planning,development, operations and system integration as well as IT Solutions/infrastructure i.e. CRM, databases, middleware, networks and systems;
- Strong written and verbal communication with emphasis in technical writing skills.
- Experience in MS SQL Server technology stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) is preferred;
- ITIL Certified.
- Understand internal business process and identify requirements and translate to technical documentation for the data warehouse and analysis;
- Assist and support data warehouse systems using various platforms;
- Design and develop ETL processes,Data Warehouse Schemas and 3 dimensional report cubes;
- Collaborate with business teams and data engineering and/ IT teams for translation of business requirements;
- Manage data processing requirements and technical requirements, supporting testing and user training and deployment;
- Review and monitor ETL tasks and performance;
- Support in project management activities i.e. tracking and reporting of project progress to ensure deliverables are on track;
- Gain and establish support of business and project stakeholders to achieve project objectives.