An exciting opportunity awaits you. Our client is looking for a Wintel Engineer to support the Infrastructure Platform and Services in the financial services industry.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology;
- At least 5 years of working experience of server architecture setup, administration and troubleshooting on Microsoft platform:
- Windows 10, Windows Server (2008/2016) & Desktop OS;
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013 Environments;
- Microsoft Active Directory 2008 and 2012 environments;
- Database servers such as Microsoft SQL 2008;
- SCOM, SCCM and SharePoint;
- Experience with windows / powershell scripting to achieve automation;
- Hands-on experience in virtualized environment i.e. VMware or Citrix;
- Experience in HP Server Products, Virtual Server, DNS, Desktops and Applications;
- Experience in client / server architecture and data access using Windows technology;
- Proactive and independent with good organizational and proven time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in Financial Services Industry;
- Familiarity with ITIL v3, Agile practices and DevOps methodologies is a plus;
- Experience with Trade Floor support is a plus.
- Perform installation / administration / patching / configuration / support tasks on Microsoft Platforms;
- Responsible for desktop, servers and associated infrastructure services projects;
- Install, design hardware configurations, maintain and support Windows Server 2008/2012 operating systems for local and remote systems;
- Responsible for architectural design, setup, administration, troubleshooting and migration of Mail and MTA servers in large networks for Microsoft Exchange environments;
- Able to analyze and provide solutions to problems related to installation, maintenance and operations of Wintel Platforms;
- Respond promptly to incidents, investigate and provide temporary and/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated;
- Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties;
- Evaluate and deploy service packs, hot fixes and security patches;
- Assist in tracking and reporting of capacity across Windows servers and data center environments;
- Identify areas for improvement of computing environments;
- Expected to work during off-peak hours on system activities (e.g. patching, upgrade)Provide supporting documentation, reports and other information to management.