Our client is seeking a Technical Support Consultant to enhance and maintain the service level of the various related systems to ensure the smooth business operations within the organization. You will be responsible to handle the incident response & investigation, working with vendors and the respective teams to efficiently resolve issues within the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics or Information Technology;
- At least 5 years of working experience in system operations and support, service recovery, problem management, risk mitigation and impact assessment;
- Good working knowledge in various Operating Systems (OS) i.e. Linux and Windows;
- Conversant in basic troubleshooting in issues related to Scanner / Biometrics / Desktop systems and networking;
- Comfortable with working in a rotating shift environment;
- Proactive, responsible, good work attitude and a team player;
- Good interpersonal communication and documentation skills.
- Windows Server certified.
- Responsible for daily operational tasks to monitor/check and ensure all systems are working in good condition to maintain normal operations;
- Responsible to detect signs of abnormality and to report overall system health status periodically to the Head Office;
- Be the point of contract to attend to any incident/problem reported and to provide the impact assessments on the outage;
- Work closely with vendors on mitigation measures and assist to resolve the issues and investigation for root cause;
- To follow-up with Project Managers to ensure recovery actions, correction actions and preventive measures are in place for every incident reported;
- Perform system maintenance and do regular reporting;
- Required to do some administrative and documentation work;
- Perform ad-hoc work requests promptly and accurately.