A exciting opportunity with a leading insurance company to lead one of their largest market verticals in bringing next generation technology as part of their transformation journey.
You are responsible from the administration and direction of enterprise applications and drive its projects across the whole life cycle from planning, implementation to BAU.
- A leader with degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- At least 12 years of experience in Application Development & Management with good people and team management skills;
- Strong Outsourcing and Vendor Management with at least 5 years of experience in managing contracts and vendors;
- Excellent working knowledge & experience in technologies, framework & architecture such as: Java, .NET framework, MVC, VB.NET, HTML, CSS, C#, SOAP, HTML5, REST, XML, JSON, Mobile technologies i.e Andriod, iOS, ESB, EAI, Microservices architecture;
- Strong technical knowledge and software development fundamentals with good experience in software development life cycle,project management principles and methodologies i.e. Waterfall and Agile and DevOps;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills;
- A proactive individual able to lead the change and take necessary risk and challenge situations & come up with solutions.
- PMP Certified;
- Banking / Insurance / Financial Services industry experience.
- Be the leader and provide guidance to the development team and competency centre managers to grow the design and solutions within the business domain;
- Work with various line of business technical managers/IT teams in developing & transforming legacy technologies and leading initiatives with new technologies;
- Manage multiple team be it internal or external outsource technical resources in successful delivery of projects;
- Explore and evaluate new technologies to help the business and the processes, justifying and gathering consensus with senior management and project stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain best standards and practices for enterprise application development;
- Manage new enhancements and developments for respective insurance applications using Service Oriented Architecture approach;
- Monitor & track application competencies, make system improvements & score high in developing better competencies in the development process;
- Provide production support to ensuring the development is in line with set SLA's.