9 September 2022
We are looking for a Database Administrator for a banking project. The ideal candidate must possess strong knowledge in Postgre SQL experience, in depth knowledge in SQL, basics of Redhat Linux and proficient in Linux shell scripting.
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in PostgreSQL database administration;
- Strong proficiency in PostgreSQL database management;
- Good knowledge in PostgreSQL core components and concepts;
- In depth knowledge in SQL and Query tuning and proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements;
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating system (RedHat) and basic commands;
- Proficient writing Linux shell scripts for maintenance and automation purposes;
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with other databases such as MariaDB, MySQL or Oracle will be an added advantage.
- Experience in setting up replication;
- Experience in preparing documentations and specifications;
- Prole server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary;
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in PostgreSQL;
- Ability to review recommendations on architecture/design decisions that will ensure optimal application performance with PostgreSQL;
- Knowledge of limitations in PostgreSQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases;
- Position requires the ability to work various work schedules that support a 24×7 coverage may include nights, weekends and holidays.
If you are interested in this role, click on the “Apply to this job” button below or you could also write in with your CV to Rajeswari Senkuttvan at email@example.com quoting the job title.