17 March 2021
We’re looking for an experienced Database Administrator (Oracle / MS SQL) to work on a mission critical project for our client in Financial Services Industry.
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology;
- At least 4-5 years of experience in database administration, operations and management in a medium or large organization;
- Hands-on experience in Oracle 10g / 11g /12c database administration;
- Strong experience in MS SQL Database Server administration and installation;
- Experience handling Oracle related tools- Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Automatic Storage Management (ASM), RMAN;
- Good experience in Unix shell scripting and scaling production database;
- Must be able to work during odd hours/ after office hours;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- MCSE(Data Platform) or other database-related certification.
- Responsible for database administration and operation in various operating systems like AIX, Linux and Windows;
- Involved in designing, creating and maintaining the databases;
- Responsible for troubleshooting, performance monitoring, capacity planning and tuning to ensure 24/7 availability;
- Perform installation, patching, upgrading and troubleshooting for the database infrastructure;
- Responsible for testing, backup and recovery plan in the event of a disaster;
- Liaise with vendors on purchase, licensing and resolution of critical issues and bugs related to database;
- Provide 24/7 support on call as required.