Our client is an established organization within the Financial Services domain. They are looking for an Application Support Specialist to support their business applications.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Systems or Equivalent;
- At least 3 years experience in providing L2 support for critical applications;
- Hands on experience in SQL;
- Simulates /recreates the user problems to resolve operating difficulties;
- Strong collaborator to work with cross functional teams and takes ownership of all proprietary application issues;
- Strong communication skills with a sense of urgency and attention to details;
- Able to drive/recommend solutions to extended technology teams;
- Adaptive to work in a team as well as independently.
- ITIL Certified.
- Provide application support for mission critical regional applications;
- Responsible for stability of production environments ensuring all applications and interfaces have maximum availability;
- Actively involved in ensuring the SLAs are achieved;
- Responsible for change, incident, problem, issue management and escalations;
- Collaborate closely with other internal technical teams/business users in investigating, testing and implementing the fix;
- Track incidents and provide regular updates to users on request status and progress ,assisting on-site users in performing user acceptance testing for successful system implementation and support related activities;
- Ensure accurate and timely incident and problem logging following the processes;
- Perform health checks, system connectivity, consistency and data integrity.