A well established organization in the banking domain is seeking a dynamic operational risk manager (UORM) for their Product Control division.
- Degree in finance or accounting ;
- At least 5 years of experience in operational risk management and governance in the financial services sector;
- Proficient in risk controls and processes associated with product control function;
- Basic understanding of accounting and treasury transaction life cycle;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Out of the box thinker with good attention to details.
- Prior experience in banking;
- CFA certification;
- Ability to leverage analytics to gain insights.
- Responsible for the risk management and governance related to the Product Control processes;
- Assess existing risk monitoring tools and processes for effectiveness and drive related enhancements;
- Validate risk events for factual accuracy, identify cause and remedial measures/action plans to prevent recurrence;
- Continuously monitor risks and identify weaknesses in risk controls and processes;
- Conduct risk related processes like Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Business Continuity Planning (BCM) and Quality Assurance Review;
- Act as a central liaison party to collaborate with internal and external personnel for audits, regulatory inspections;
- Track and monitor the execution of action plans and audit based recommendations;
- Keep abreast of vulnerabilities in product control processes and continuously enhance the risk governance framework.