Our client is an established organization within the Banking & Financial Services domain. They are looking for an experienced Application Specialist for Reuters Electronic Trading – Automated Dealing (RET-AD) and Thomson Reuters Dealing Aggregator (TRDA). You will gain global exposure as you work together with the regional teams to enhance and support the systems.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information System;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Reuters Electronic Trading – Automated Dealing (RET-AD) and/or Thomson Reuters Dealing Aggregator (TRDA) support;
- Possess experience and proficiency in UNIX Shell/Perl Scripting, RDMS, and SQL;
- Sound knowledge of Financial Markets products;
- Effective communicator, with the ability to communicate with business/users;
- Independent, proactive and demonstrate 'can-do' mentality;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver excellent results.
- ITIL Certified.
- Responsible for stability of production environments ensuring all applications and interfaces have maximum availability;
- Collaborate closely with other internal technical teams/business users in investigating, testing and implementing the fix;
- Follow escalation procedures during outages;
- Track incidents and provide regular updates to users on request status and progress;
- Act as a facilitator and coordinate between various teams like Infrastructure, 2nd/3rd line, IT Service to resolve complex issues and outages;
- Perform Trend analysis, Incidents resolutions, Root Cause Analysis and Regular Reporting to identify areas for review for improvement;
- Ensure all new deployments have correct documentation and training;
- Ensure accurate and timely incident and problem logging following ITIL processes and using an in-house tool;
- Write Unix scripts and SQL and suggest automation to improve efficiency/effectiveness of support team;
- Adhere to change management requirements for application and system implementations.