An exciting opportunity to join an established and rapid growing financial institution’s IT infrastructure team as a System Engineer managing the AS400 platform.
- At least an advanced diploma in Computer Science or similar field;
- 5 years of working experience in system administration with at least 3 years working with AS400 system.
- Familiar with database tools such as Mimix;
- Excellent experience working administrating AS/400 servers;
- Hands-on experience in application deployment support and server performance tuning/capacity management planning;
- Software development and deployment knowledge such as SDLC and change control management;
- Excellent team player with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Positive attitude and able to work under pressure.
- Certification in System Administration or Database Administration;
- Working experience in Financial Services Industries (FSI).
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing infrastructure solutions and upgrades;
- Responsible for supporting IT infrastructure services to ensure that availability, security and user requirements are met;
- Perform AS400 administration including hardware and software, OS installation and troubleshooting;
- Create and maintain High Availability system and Disaster Recovery Solutions;
- Maintain up-to-date systems documentation and change requests documentation;
- Evaluate and propose new systems/products/services to enhance operations of services;
- Regular reporting on server / infrastructure health check;
- Work with other IT team for delivery of agreed service levels and project improvement plans.