Our client in the financial sector is seeking a Senior Java Developer to lead a team in supporting their high availability core Java applications.
- Have at least 8 years of experience work experience in managing projects/BAU for mission critical applications;
- Have been involved in an IT systems integration project or understand the software development life cycle;
- Good experience in the financial sector;
- At least 3 years of leading team in managing multiple applications;
- Excellent stakeholders and vendor management experience;
- Ability to provide leadership to resolve complex business issues;
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence to influence key decisions, mediate conflicts and build consensus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Manage the team and responsible for the core Java applications (projects/BAU);
- Work closely with the Business to help define Project scope, objectives, key deliverables;
- Manage and direct the resources necessary to achieve the project objectives as well as day-to-day operational issues;
- Makes operational decisions on policies, tactics, and resources critical to the function’s business success;
- Ensure team alignment on project goals, objectives and business outcomes;
- Establish excellent working relationships with different vendors;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the various IT teams;
- Meet project deadlines, identify project obstacles, proactively mitigate risks and escalate and resolve issues effectively;
- Hire, train, mentor and manage the team.â€‹