An exciting opportunity with a top global bank as a Data Centre Engineer to support their day to day operation !
- At least Diploma in Computer Science or IT;
- At least 2 year of experience in Data Centre Operations and Support ;
- Basic knowledge and experience in IP Network, switches, basic network components and networking protocols i.e. TCP/IP;
- Experience and/or knowledge in datacentre infrastructure i.e. patch cords, cabling & management, hardware model, equipment racking and mounting;
- Good working knowledge in various Operating Systems (OS) i.e. Linux and Windows;
- Conversant in basic troubleshooting in issues in Windows / Linux systems and networking;
- Proactive, responsible, good work attitude and a team player;
- Good interpersonal communication and documentation skills.
- Relevant Data Centre Certifications i.e. CDCA/ CDCP.
- Responsible for day to day operations and administration within a data centre environment;
- Attend to day to day operational tasks and assists and coordinate with engineers on issues and investigation for root cause;
- Involved in equipment installation, relocation, replacement and removal i.e. network devices, system hardware devices, cabling patching, rack and mounting, power & cooling systems;
- Perform system maintenance and do regular reporting;
- Required to do administrative and documentation work;
- Assist in troubleshooting in Linux/Windows system;
- Identify areas of improvement and ensure corrective or preventive actions are put in place;
- Any other tasks assigned from time to time.