An exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Engineer to take care of the day to day operations of the IT Service Desk in the banking industry.
- Diploma/Degree in IT or Communications or Computer Science or relevant qualifications;
- 2+ years of experience in a Service Desk related field;
- Experience working with vendors and application teams to maintain the systems stability;
- Experience in issue management and change management;
- Good troubleshooting skills and help-desk management experiment;
- Ability to interpret and represent technical issues to stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills with a strong sense of urgency and attention to details.
- ITIL Certified;
- Provide 1st level support through phone calls or emails related to incidents and service requests;
- To log all the incidents into the call management system;
- Keep records of the issues and elaborate an FAQ for users detailing common issues and how to solve them;
- To provide efficient and timely support to users and stakeholders;
- Familiarize with current IT processes, develop, enhance and deliver the necessary IT processes to meet service desk objectives;
- To escalate any unresolved issue to 2nd level of support for their attention and further resolution;
- Develop or improve training guides, procedures and other process documentation;
- Communicate effectively with peers, management and other stakeholders to build and maintain positive relationships.