An exciting opportunity to lead in the architecting and designing of Application Programming Interface (API) solutions for one of the fast-growing companies in the financial sector.
- Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- At least 10 years of technical experience in both IT software development projects and operational IT operations system support roles;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Services-Oriented Architecture (SOA) design and implementing systems integration using a variety of SOA patterns and technologies;
- Not less than 5 years of experience in hands-on development using one or more programming languages;
- Knowledgeable and experience in implementing distributed solutions in a secured multi-tier heterogeneous environment;
- Strong understanding of API subjects;
- Experienced in related platform/architecture technical skills and developing Microservices;
- Understand emerging technologies/platforms in Mobility, Analytics, Cloud and Social with the desire to keep up with Digital trends;
- Experience with API management gateway like Axway or equivalent;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Operational experience as a API Product Owner;
- Understand TOGAF or other architecture frameworks;
- Experience in financial services industry.
- Act as API platform architect and subject matter expert during project establishment and work as a team through successful project implementation;
- Lead the drive, design and implementation projects around API, Microservices, system integration, enterprise service bus and enterprise file transfer solution;
- Responsible for the creation of high-quality APIs for consumption by internal & external consumers within a specific business domain;
- Engage with senior stakeholders including other architects to drive architectural directions and product/system roadmaps;
- Participate in projects, feasibility studies and functional analysis related to Application Programming Integrations (API) Development;
- Develop technical specifications, configuration, implementation, integration, documentation and user guide according to agreed standards;
- Assess the need for new API infrastructure to be engineered, engage and lead appropriate teams;
- Ensure proper maintenance of the interconnecting interfaces by troubleshooting problems and providing effective solutions;
- Ensure necessary changes / enhancements are implemented and documented.