2 May 2023
We are searching for candidates who are interested in joining our team to fill a position in the Data & Regulatory Reporting team within our Information Technology department. The role involves spearheading the transformation of the existing data architecture and building a new state-of-the-art data platform to support the company’s Digital Transformation efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required;
- Have a minimum of 10-15 years of experience in designing and developing high-performance data-driven applications, with hands-on experience in data engineering and data modeling;
- Strong experience with the AWS technology stack is essential. The candidate should be able to build a data migration/data warehouse from scratch by analyzing the current system and market, creating an end-to-end strategy/roadmap, and migrating large-scale on-premises data warehouses to cloud servers;
- Experience of loading new data sources and integrating new systems/entities, as well as implementing and running cloud servers;
- Experience in designing data patterns to support regulatory reporting architecture is required;
- Proven track record of building container-based big data architectures on top of Kubernetes;
- The candidate should be experienced in designing systems to handle real-time and batch use-cases efficiently;
- The candidate should have exposure and understanding of the latest open-source technologies across the big data ecosystem, such as distributed storage, real-time event processing, and large-scale distributed OLAP engines. Additionally, the candidate should have exposure to Data as a Service concepts and data virtualization;
- The candidate should have working knowledge of data science processes and best practices, with experience in building scalable architectures using data science workflow orchestrators;
- Hands-on experience in DevOps/DataOps/MLOps concepts is essential;
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of business and technology trends is required;
- The candidate should have a good understanding of end-to-end application development, including data integration for backend API development and front-end UI development.
- TOGAF certification;
- AWS certification.
- Develop, implement and oversee end-to-end data solutions for the organization;
- Create a data architecture roadmap to enhance scalability, performance, and flexibility throughout the entire data life cycle (from ingestion to consumption);
- Establish and maintain data architecture framework, standards, and principles for metadata, security, master and reference data;
- Define reference architecture as a set of patterns to enable diverse teams to build and improve data systems;
- Lead the design of architectural solutions, including solution context diagrams and conceptual data models to optimize security, information leverage and reuse, integration, performance, and availability, while ensuring adherence to the overall architecture;
- Have experience managing large-scale data migration projects, including planning, strategizing and overseeing parallel runs and reconciliation of over 100TB;
- Optimize ETL workloads to meet business SLAs by implementing performance tuning techniques;
- Provide guidance to digital application teams on data architecture solutions and collaborate with other staff to design and implement effective technology solutions;
- Collaborate with Solutioning, Infrastructure and project teams to understand their needs and ensure the best data architecture is implemented;
- Train and share best practices across teams regarding data architecture design and solution implementation;
- Research and recommend emerging technologies, techniques and tools that add value to the organization;
- Design data architecture for cutting-edge greenfield Data Lake and integration architecture based on solution requirements;
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical architecture and data models for operational enterprise data and analytics solutions using recognised data modelling approaches;
- Ensure that information flow between different systems aligns with the information architecture;
- Recommend innovative solutions to improve efficiencies in complex system integration;
- Evaluate the usability, usefulness, visual design and content of existing systems;
- Communicate design and recommendations to stakeholders;
- Develop strategies for seamless and low-risk migration of data between systems;
- Ensure alignment of information management standards with enterprise architectural plan and information security standards;
- Identify desired state of coordinated information flow throughout the organization;
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders to accelerate the wider Income business and promote diversity and development of the data architecture team.
If you are interested in this role, click on the “Apply to this job” button below or you could also write in with your CV to Dimple Jain at dimple.j@Sciente.com quoting the job title.
Managing Consultant – IT Recruitment Consulting