14 April 2023
We are looking for a seasoned Big-Data Architect to join our client who is in the financial industry. You will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of big data platform, systems integration, processes and governance to operationalize the big data platform. If you are passionate about creating models of data and building cutting-edge data platform in line an enterprise architecture vision, this opportunity is for you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, or other relevant field;
- 10 years of experience in architecting data management solutions and designing/developing data governance policies/standards;
- Experience in implementation of big data platform and data warehouse projects;
- Knowledge of The Enterprise Information Management (EIM);
- Familiar with Organizational and Political Agility to drive cross-function data management;
- Meticulous, strong communication and technical documentation skills;
- Familiar with architectural standard such as TOGAF, FEA and/or Zachman;
- Familiar with Enterprise Metadata Management (business and IT) and OMG standards;
- Experience with IBM BDW and IIW, Teradata FSLDM, and SAS IIA;
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Hive AWS and/or GCP;
- Well versed with Python and T-SQL ETL/ELT programming;
- Exposure to Data as a Service concepts and data virtualization tools (e.g. Tableau/Qlik).
- Experienced working in insurance industry;
- TOGAF / DAMA Certification.
- Lead and facilitate techno-functional design workshops and projects involving big data platform, data analytics solutions, data visualisation tools and AI solutions;
- Conduct Proof of Concepts, evaluate and implement various data analytics and AI related solutions with various team members;
- Ability to understand data flows and lineage from operational data sources to analytical data sources;
- Lead project designs, data models and ETL including creating ETL specifications and documentation for data migration mapping and transformation for data warehouse loading;
- Enforcing business standards, processes, frameworks, tools and best practices for modeling, logical and physical data;
- Maintain data architecture framework, standards and principles across the company;
- Engage with project teams to maintain compliance with data management standards;
- Develop and maintain corporate data architecture, data management standards, data dictionaries, data element naming standards and conventions for multiple computing environments;
- Maintain proper classification and protection of enterprise data;
- Provide a consultative approach to various team members during resolving to a physical database;
- Recommend cost effective data related solutions for improved data integrity;
- Keep up-to-date and regularly review emerging technology trend, regulatory compliance, threats in line with company's data visions and to highlight potential concerns/risks to safeguard the company;
- Develop functional specifications based on users' requirements;
- Ensure business and regulatory compliance risks are met and take appropriate steps to mitigate any risks.
If you are interested in this role, click on the “Apply to this job” button below or you could also write in with your CV to Kamal Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title.