11 April 2023
Are you a seasoned Data Architect looking for a new challenge? Our client in the financial industry is seeking a dynamic and innovative professional to lead their enterprise-wide digital transformation projects. As the Data Architect, you will have the opportunity to revolutionize the current data architecture and build a cutting-edge next generation data platform that will drive the company’s growth. If you have a passion for data and the drive to take on a leadership role in a dynamic industry, this is the opportunity for you!
- Degree in Data Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology;
- At least 5 years of experience in data engineering and modelling, preferably in a leadership role;
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing Data Integration & Federation, Data Repositories, Data Governance;
- Familiar with database basics, database normalization, OLAP, star schemas, SCDs (slowly-changing dimensions) and column-oriented storage;
- Experience with the cloud (e.g. AWS , GCP );
- Strong hands-on exposure with ETL Extract, Transform, Load tools;
- Familiar with data technologies such as Operational Data Store, Data Lake and Data Warehouse;
- Has experience in designing data patterns to support micro-service based application architecture;
- Experience implementing batch and streaming data pipelines;
- Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases, including performance tuning and troubleshooting;
- Worked on Data engineering tools and frameworks such as Airflow, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Beam, Flink, Kubernetes;
- Exposure to Data as a Service concepts and data virtualization tools (e.g. Tableau/Qlik);
- Experience with agile methodologies, technology-savvy and appreciates new modern web application technologies stacks;
- Strong communication and technical documentation skills.
- Experience working with very large data sets, data analytics and machine learning;
- Prior experience on Big Data and Machine learning;
- TOGAF / DAMA Certification.
- Responsible to lead, architect, design and build the next-generation data platform from scratch to digitalization;
- Design, build and implement end-to-end data driven solutions;
- Define roadmap to transform data architecture focusing on scalability, performance and stability for the entire data lifecycle;
- Maintain data architecture framework, standards and principles;
- Define reference architecture which can be leveraged to create and improve related data systems;
- Lead architecture designs and conceptual data model to ensure solutions developed adhere to the delivered architecture;
- Work closely with different stakeholders to understand business needs and ensure the best data architecture is being implemented;
- Provide training and best practices across teams regarding data architecture design and solutioning;
- Provide direction on linkages between different systems to ensure smooth information flow;
- Assess existing systems to evaluate usability, usefulness and visual design.
If you are interested in this role, click on the “Apply to this job” button below or you could also write in with your CV to Kamal Kaur at email@example.com quoting the job title.