18 January 2023
The Head of Data Governance is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned data management professional to lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive data governance program for the organization. This is a critical role that will ensure data quality, integrity, and compliance with relevant laws and regulations. As the Head of Data Governance, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of data governance professionals and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to drive data governance initiatives forward.
- At least 10 years of experience in a leadership role related to data;
- At least 5 years of experience either leading a data governance function or being part of a team that managed large-scale data governance initiatives;
- Expertise in data governance and data quality industry best practices and frameworks;
- Strong understanding of the business and technology challenges related to data management, specifically metadata and quality management;
- Strong understanding of information management practices such as data life cycle management, data modeling, and master data management;
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements related to data and their impact;
- Proven ability to lead high-performing teams and work effectively with senior stakeholders to drive change;
- Demonstrated consulting skills, including experience in change management, communication, culture change and performance measurement system design;
- Experience managing internal audit and compliance processes for data in a financial services organization.
- Prior experience in Financial Services.
- Certifications in Data Governance.
- Designing and implementing the operating model for data governance and quality across the organization;
- Developing and owning the data governance and data quality roadmap;
- Defining policies and standards, principles, governance metrics and processes, and influencing organizational behavior;
- Identifying stakeholders and establishing roles and responsibilities across the organization;
- Providing strategic and operational leadership in data governance and related data management activities;
- Developing and maintaining domain maps and catalogs of key data repositories and their owners;
- Defining key metrics for governance to ensure compliance with data-related policies, standards, roles, and responsibilities;
- Managing and coordinating all key issues and escalations around data governance;
- Developing the internal data governance team and engaging with necessary service partners to build assets to support governance.
If you are interested in this role, click on the “Apply to this job” button below or you could also write in with your CV to Valorie Chu at email@example.com quoting the job title.