29 November 2022
Our client is looking for a Lead Data Engineer who will be leading, architecting, designing and building next-generation data platform from scratch to digitalization.
- Degree in Data Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology;
- At least 5 years of experience in data engineering and modelling, preferably in a leadership role
- Strong hands-on exposure in data science, data analytics and / or data engineering;
- Familiar with database basics, database normalization, OLAP, star schemas, SCDs (slowly-changing dimensions) and column-oriented storage;
- Experience with the cloud (e.g. AWS , GCP, Azure );
- Strong hands-on exposure with ETL Extract, Transform, Load tools;
- Experience implementing batch and streaming data pipelines;
- Experience writing efficient SQL;
- In-depth knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases, including performance tuning and troubleshooting;
- Worked on Data engineering tools and frameworks such as Airflow, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Beam, Flink, Kubernetes;
- Worked on DevOps tools such as Docker, Git, Terraform;
- Experience with agile methodologies, technology-savvy and appreciates new modern web application technologies stacks;
- Strong communication and technical documentation skills.
- Experience working with very large data sets, data analytics and machine learning;
- Experience in data science and data platforms.
- Build up the data engineering team and capabilities;
- Provide technical leadership to data engineers by coaching and mentoring;
- Lead the development of modern tooling for data analysts;
- Cloud/infrastructure/ops/automation experience to enable the team to operate self-sufficiently;
- Lead discussions with product managers, software engineers, data analysts and data scientists to build scalable and data-driven platforms and tools;
- Manage and run production services that provide analytics capabilities to our various data users across the divisions;
- Development of systems, architectures, and platforms that can scale large volume and variety.
If you are interested in this role, click on the “Apply to this job” button below or you could also write in with your CV to Aditi Jain at email@example.com quoting the job title.