7 June 2021
A great opportunity for an experienced Big Data Engineer who are comfortable with technical hands on data management skills to strategize the implementation of Data Platform for a financial sector project.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or relevant disciplines;
- Has minimum 4 years of experience in data engineering and modelling;
- Proficient in hands on data mapping and managing data quality/integrity;
- Experience in architecting data platform solutions from scratch;
- Good experience in data management process and lifecycle;
- Has strong experience in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hortonworks, Cloudera, AWS, Google;
- Good exposure to ETL and Data Integration tools (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Java);
- Strong aptitude for numbers and comfortable handling large volumes of data;
- Strong written and verbal communication with emphasis in technical writing skills.
- Prior experience on AWS, Snowflake or migration to public cloud;
- Experience in the financial sector.
- Work closely with key business users to gather and analyze Business Analytics Product requirements;
- Involved in architecting end to end solutioning of Analytics products including sourcing of data, contextualizing data and integrating data with processes;
- Build data ingestion pipelines for multiple data sources such as social media and public data sources;
- Review and monitor ETL tasks and performance;
- Transform and deliver data downstream in the required format through data modeling and engineering;
- Assist and support data warehouse systems using various platforms;
- Ensure smooth production deployment of data pipeline adhering to data governance policies;
- Identify and suggest solutions to improve data engineering processes;
- Support in project management activities i.e. tracking and reporting of project progress to ensure deliverables are on track;
- Gain and establish support of business and project stakeholders to achieve project objectives.