5 June 2021
Our client is seeking an experienced System Engineer to support the maintenance of the IT System Infrastructure in the development data centre.
- Diploma/ Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology;
- At least 3 years of technical experience in enterprise backup administration ( Veritas Netbackup )and network security management;
- Experience in deploying Virtual Machine with System Center Virtual Machine Manager and System Center Operations Manager;
- Has hands-on experience configuring SAN storage ( Dell – EMC, HPE, IBM ) and SAN switches administration ( Brocade and CISCO );
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation technology such as Hyper-V and VMware;
- Has hands-on experience working with network security firewall appliances such as Checkpoint;
- Understands the network security firewall policies formulation and management;
- Strong team player with excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Storage and ITIL Certifications;
- Knowledge in cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Manage the physical server hosting, virtual systems and patching process for Microsoft Windows servers and Virtual Machines (Hyper-V);
- Involve in automation for Virtual Machine (VM) provisioning using PowerShell script;
- Perform the antivirus update with Symantec Endpoint Point Manager;
- Manage the network switches health and network security firewall policies management;
- Conduct regular review and revision of user account and group policies in the domain\’s active directory;
- Design, implement and optimize in the area of SAN storage and backup systems taking inconsideration the entire service infrastructure;
- Track and monitor daily backups and perform ad-hoc restorations;
- Ensure existing storage and backup systems to ensure high degree of availability and maintenance with stringent security measures;
- Update existing policies and create backup policies for new hosts when required;
- Troubleshoot and resolve service issues and incidents related to data centre infrastructure.