7 April 2021
Our client is looking for an experienced Database Administrator who will be responsible for the migration, installation, maintenance and performance tuning of databases.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology;
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in MYSQL, Oracle and MSSQL database administration, operations and management;
- At least 2 years of experience in managing AWS Relational Database Service;
- Experience in database design, security, maintenance, clustering, query optimization and performance tuning;
- Good experience in scripting ( e.g. Window power shell scripting ) and scaling production database;
- Excellent command over verbal / written English and presentation to engage various stakeholders;
- Organized and positive working attitude, with the ability to work independently and as a team.
- Knowledge in IaaS;
- Database related certification (e.g. MYSQL, Cloud).
- Responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of databases;
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security while building databases;
- Perform installation, patching, upgrading and troubleshooting for the database infrastructure;
- Responsible for checking disk spaces, fragmentation, blocking, deadlock and accordingly fix it;
- Review, update and perform recovery procedures when necessary;
- Work with various teams to define and implement database migration strategy.