12 March 2021
Our client in the insurance sector is seeking an experienced Accounting professional to work on reviewing and improving of the Group finance activities and processes.
- Degree or Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualifications;
- At least 5 years of working experience in accounting and finance;
- Independent, proactive and able to work within high pressure environment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
- Good knowledge of Singapore Financial Reporting Standards (International);
- Experience in the insurance industry.
- Perform and review monthly closing of subsidiary accounts and reconciliations;
- Prepare consolidation journal entries as well as prepare monthly consolidated financials;
- Collate and review submissions from subsidiaries and prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting pack to Head Office;
- To assist in the reviewing and improving of the key processes in Group financial closing and reporting activities;
- Involve in identifying similar / duplicated processes and to work on automating processes for process improvement;
- To assess the impact and implement changes arising from new financial reporting standards and regulations on statutory, head office and regulatory reporting;
- To assist in roll-out of Group financial policies, procedures and controls to subsidiaries and ensure compliance;
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.