21 September 2020
Our client is seeking a Storage and Backup Engineer to be part of the production storage administration team to lead, design, optimize, and deploy secured storage and backup solutions supporting the entire infrastructure ensuring high levels of availability.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in deploying and operating high availability SAN storage environments such as HDS, Dell / EMC & Veritas Netbackup;
- Strong understanding and technical hands-on experience in information technology infrastructure architecture, SAN storage and backup systems;
- Working experience in the areas of systems, storage hardware, storage management software and storage networking including disaster recovery;
- Experience with high availability, performance management and tuning;
- Excellent communication and stakeholders management skills.
- Storage, ITIL and PMP Certifications.
- Part of the Storage Administration team to support, configure and operate all SAN storage and backup systems supporting the entire infrastructure platform;
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and incidents related to storage and backup systems;
- Discover and qualify storage requests based on application requirements;
- Perform day-to-day storage/backup support and support project team on storage/backup tasks:
- Perform storage and backup administration and operational support;
- Oversee the security of the entire SAN;
- Forecast and plan/design for storage/backup expansion;
- To proactively monitor IT storage/backup systems and recommend enhancements and upgrades when necessary;
- Administer change control system to track changes in SAN and monitor resource consumption in the SAN;
- Perform SAN performance monitoring, tuning for backup/storage systems to ensure optimal performance;
- Manage storage/backup projects, from understanding and analyzing requirements, providing technical advice, to implementing new systems and system changes and coordinating activities.