7 August 2020
Here’s an exciting opportunity in the media industry, our client is looking for DevOps Engineer specializing in application monitoring to join their team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Electronics Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years experience in DevOps and Cloud development;
- Hands-on experience with application monitoring and monitoring tools integration via Rest API;
- Good experience in tools used for monitoring, logging and tracking ( Grafana, Prometheus, New Relic and PagerDuty);
- Experience in infrastructure monitoring tools such as HP IMC, Solarwinds, DBTuna;
- Knowledge in building and using log aggregation and distributed monitoring tools (Splunk, Elastic Stack);
- Hands-on automation / configuration experience in DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Check, Jenkins, Anisible, Travis CI);
- Knowledge of establishing process optimization, automation and Continuous Integration / DevOps / Agile methodologies;
- Automation or script creation experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, PHP, Ruby and/or Perl);
- Possesses excellent written / verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- JIRA configuration and administration;
- Linux OS administration;
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or AWS CloudFormation);
- Certification in DevOps or AWS.
- Responsible to identify application monitoring requirements (such as KPI, threshold and alerts) and configure them accordingly for various products;
- Design, develop, configure, deploy automation and support builds in a continuous environment;
- Identify, diagnose and resolve pipeline bottlenecks, build failures and other issues in development, QA and production environments;
- Setup monitoring dashboard and alert mechanism;
- Work closely with infrastructure and security teams to ensure end-to-end coverage to provide holistic health insights of the applications;
- Configure and administer different DevOps Tools and automating processes;
- Stay abreast of emerging DevOps technologies and digital trends;
- Continuously identify opportunities to incorporate best practices in automation, optimization and new efficiencies.