26 March 2020
Our client is seeking for an experienced IT Security Specialist to oversee cybersecurity operations, lead and manage in incident response and investigation. You will be working closely with a managed security service partner and to perform initial risk assessment and to update relevant stakeholders into resolving the incident within agreed timelines.
- Degree in Information Security, Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of working experience within cyber security operations environment as well as managing incident response;
- Good knowledge in network protocols i.e. TCP/IP, triple handshake ;
- Experience in anti-malware, Intrusion Detection (IDS), Intrusion Protection(IPS) Systems, SIEM and Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) tools;
- Well-verse in network packet analysis using Wireshark etc and experience in various operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux, Unix;
- Good in understanding internal process with a passion to seek improvements;
- Good analytical skills with strong communication;
- Good problem solver to investigate the root cause analysis;
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) or relevant incident response certification;
- OSCP/ CREST certification.
- Responsible for the organization\’s cybersecurity incident response (IR) function;
- Oversee the incident response plan, playbook and communication plan;
- Act as the primary point of contact with the Managed Security Services Partner in response to the threats and possible attacks and intrusions;
- Assess and take appropriate response action to contain and manage the incident;
- Ensure Security Service Partner adhere to agreed levels of alert, response with proper escalation and follow-through to the closure of the incidents;
- Conduct root cause analysis of security incident and ensure control measures implemented to prevent re-occurrence;
- Research and oversee security initiatives/programs to improve and enhance detect and response/recovery capability within the organization.