Our client in the financial sector is seeking an experienced regulatory compliance officer to oversee the organisation’s regulatory compliance functions and framework.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Business Studies/Finance/Insurance or any other related fields; Minimum 8-10 years working experience in the area of compliance, internal audit or risk management in insurance/ financial industry;
- Strong knowledge of MAS notices and other regulatory requirements;
- Self-starter and able to work independently with good strategic thinking;
- Strong coaching skill to guide and direct team members;
- Ability to handle difficult situations, manage stress and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and advisory skills to effectively communicate with different levels to resolve issues.
- Experience in the financial Industry.
- Ensure all compliance frameworks and standards are carried out efficiently and effectively;
- Provide compliance advisory to management and staff for the applicable laws, regulation, rules, and standards and involved in their implementation by working with business users;
- Responsible for effective execution and monitoring of new/revised regulations;
- Responsible for handling process including Compliance Notice, Compliance Matrix and Compliance Risk Self-Assessment (CRSA);
- Actively involved in formulating compliance policies and compliance framework;
- Work closely with other key peers to prepare the annual compliance examination work plan along with implementation;
- Participate in reviewing compliance-related policies, guidelines, and procedures;
- Work closely with business units to ensure timely reporting, escalating and identifying action plans to remediate compliance events within the stipulated timeline;
- Maintain vigilance over and be updated of the developments in the local and regional regulatory environment as well as the international regulatory environment which may impact the Company;
- Maintain an inventory of all essential compliance documents including laws and regulation, Compliance Matrix and CRSA;
- Plan and execute Compliance Training and Awareness Programs to improve the overall team technical knowledge and also to improve the compliance risk culture of Group Risk Management and the Company.