Our client, a leading insurance company, is seeking for a highly self-motivated Data Architect to support their dynamic IFRS17 IT programme and act as the data warehouse’s SME within the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or 4 years relevant work experience;
- At least 5-7 years of experience in Data Modeling, Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts;
- Experience in translating business requirements into Data Models;
- Good hands on experience in Hadoop, ETL development, BI Tool, Data Modeling and use of data model tools like CA ERwin, IBM Infosphere Data Architecture and SQL;
- Excellent organization, communication, and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to effectively adapt to change requests.
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS17 standards;
- Experience with cloud architecture tools, specifically AWS.
- Serves as subject matter expertise in analysis and design in consulting engagements regarding new and existing applications, environments, designs and processes;
- Identify challenges and simplify current data landscape with key measurable goals & roadmap to achieve them;
- Design scalable hybrid solutions for hosting vast amount of data on-prem and on cloud;
- Translates complex functional & technical requirements into detailed architecture and designs;
- Serves as an escalation point for issue resolution;
- Change management support;
- Collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions;
- Maintains a broad, deep understanding of current business applications, data architecture, technical platforms, multiple databases, industry technologies, and reference architecture;
- Ensure integrity & security of assigned data architecture;
- Measure impact of solution designs on IT infrastructure capacity, future maintenance / support needs, and bottom line cost-benefits;
- Ensure technology is used efficiently through software governance processes;
- Ensures adherence to architecture standards and best practices to maintain consistency across the enterprise landscape;
- Champions efforts to revitalize and redesign information systems & practices to improve operating effectiveness;
- Reduce costs and improve information flows through the use of shared infrastructure & applications;
- Improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit under your area of responsibility.