Our client is an established organization within the Banking & Financial Services domain. They are seeking a Senior Project Manager (VP) to manage Infrastructure projects in a DevOps environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent;
- Over 10 years of proven project management experience managing technically medium to complex, cross-organizational projects;
- Hands on working experience in infrastructure, technology platform, workplace services projects;
- Good understanding in Technology Risk and Outsourcing Guidelines;
- Experience in project plans, milestones, measures, budgets, resource and time management;
- Technical background in key technology infrastructure areas:
- Data Centre;
- Mainframe, Mid-range & Storage;
- Databases, Middleware;
- Security Infrastructure
- Voice & Data Networks;
- Excellent stakeholder management and management of project team members across multiple locations;
- Focus in meeting time lines, firm hold of project budget, ensuring that internal/external work together to achieve the objectives of the project;
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence to influence key decisions, mediate conflicts and build consensus;
- Strong personality and yet personable to build and enrich relationships with the organization;
- An excellent partner to the Business and having a keen sense of how projects can bring value to the greater community when projects are delivery well/successfully.
- PRINCE 2 or PMP Certified.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for managing the technology infrastructure aspect of business requested projects;
- Act as an interface between technology managers, users and other external parties involved in the projects;
- Identify problems, issues, change and risk and coordinate with the technical team on solutions and communicate proposed solution to the stakeholders promptly;
- Closely monitor project progress and ensure timely completion;
- Manage and track the financial aspects of the project implementation;
- Adhere to the bank’s project management processes and procedures;
- Responsible to ensure the timely delivery of projects by vendors & internal stakeholders;
- Ensure Service Transition procedures, including change control and release management, are adhered to.