A well-known client in the financial sector is seeking an Application Support professional to enhance and maintain the service level of mainframe systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems;
- At least 8 years of experience in application support for Mainframe systems with strong background in COBOL;
- Good experience in application support (L2) related activities such as backup / recovery, clustering, batch rescheduling, performance tuning;
- Self-driven and a strong team player;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with business and technical team members across the organization.
- IBM System certifications;
- Past experience in managing mainframe support for financial services firms;
- Experience in core system or payment processing.
- To review, design and enhance the mainframe systems, embarking on the latest technologies and methodologies;
- Responsible for supporting the mainframe applications including BAU and changes;
- To review any system changes, proactively identifying potential risks and provide mitigations;
- To monitor the system operations and batch processing ensuring smooth running in all processes;
- To perform system upgrades and to response to emergency situations.