As an Application Services Manager, you will lead a team of business analysts and project managers to develop and maintain ICT application systems required by the organization.
This entails engaging stakeholders and managing a team of ICT professionals to transform business processes through the innovative use of ICT.
This includes managing the development and maintenance of a portfolio of ICT application systems, implementing proper governance processes and managing business partners and contracts. Success in the role will be demonstrated by your ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Electronic Engineering;
- Minimum 8 years of relevant ICT experience, including minimum 4 years' experience in leading ICT application projects and managing project teams;
- Proven leadership skills including strong people management skills, stakeholder engagement skills and vendor management skills;
- Strong analytical, conceptualisation, problem solving and project management skills;
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills;
- An adaptable and bold individual who dares to try new things and take smart risks;
- Motivated by innovation to achieve business goals and customer satisfaction.
- PMP, CITPM, COMIT or PRINCE2 certified.
- Assist the CIO in the transformation of business processes through the innovative use of ICT so as to bring about impactful changes to the government;
- Assist the CIO in developing strategic ICT plans to serve as blueprints for ICT development;
- Lead a team of business analysts and project managers in the effective delivery of ICT application services from project conceptualisation through to operations, to meet the business needs of the Government;
- Lead and manage the procurement of ICT products and services, as well as management of vendor services and contracts, to ensure ICT services are delivered on time, within budget and meets business requirements;
- Proactively engage stakeholders and partners so as to influence the alignment of strategies and directions, manage expectations and achieve customer satisfaction;
- Lead the development and compliance to policies and standards to ensure proper governance, financial and performance management;
- Lead, coach and develop staff to sustain high performance teams to achieve organisational objectives.