Exciting opportunity for Database Manager specialising in SQL Server to be part of the Infrastructure team to support the 24/7 mission critical environment.
â€‹He/She will be responsible to set up a high volume, large scale data intensive environment with both relational and distributed databases and moving into today's popularity of interactive, web-based databases.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology;
- Has at least 5 years of experience in design, installation, configuration and maintenance of large-scale databases;
- Has at least 3 years' experience in team leading;
- Expert knowledge in relational and distributed databases e.g. SQL, Postgres or HANA;
- Strong experience in performance tuning, security, troubleshooting, backup and recovery for databases;
- Working knowledge with Azure and Amazon Web Services e.g. EC2, RDS, EBS, S3;
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Certifications in Database Administration.
- Responsible to set up and lead the database team in the design, installation, implementation and maintenance of database environment;
- Responsible to design, architect, optimize the relational and distributed databases in both hybrid and cloud environment to ensure high-availability and scalability of the systems;
- Implement security policies and perform risk assessment to ensure integrity of the databases;
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and provide solutions;
- Handle database capacity planning and performance tuning;
- Plan and execute work load tests, backup/recovery, failover and disaster recovery;
- To ensure continuous improvement in the database management and engineering process, automation, innovation and technology spaceâ€‹.